Future Stores Seattle 2022
Get ready for Future Stores Seattle 2022! This year’s event brings together a must-see lineup of retailers, speakers, and exhibitors that you can’t miss. And don’t forget about all of the amazing stores and flagships located in the heart of Seattle, including The North Face, Fabletics, and Interior Define.
Meet Us at Our Booth in the Main Foyer
RETHINK Retail is partnering with Future Stores to bring live video and event coverage straight to your social feed. Be sure to follow the hashtags #RETHINKRetail and #FutureStores for live updates.
Interested in sharing your industry insights with us at the show? Request an on-site interview at our media booth or on the show floor.
Interview with us at the conference.
Agenda At A Glance
Panel: The Evolving Role of the Brick & Mortar Store in a Digitally Accelerated World
8:25am – 9:05am
Matt Alexander | CEO & Co-Founder, Neighborhood Goods
John Boline | VP Store Design, Starbucks
Kambiz Hemati | Head of Global Retail Concept, Design & Construction, American Eagle Outfitters
Josh Illig | VP, Retail, Brooklinen
Morgan Davis | CEO and Co-Founder, MarketDial
Fire-Side Chat: Community Commerce: Building Relationships and Long-term Loyalty in a Digital Retail Landscape
9:25am — 9:50am
Rebecca Reeder – SVP, Stores, Chico’s FAS (Soma, Chico’s, and White House Black Market)
Panel: Humanizing Retail Operations: The Impact of Staffing and Associate Experiences on the Business of Retail
11:45am — 12:25pm
James Ian Carter – Director, Organizational Change Management & Communications, Discount Tire
Lindsay Schofield – Director, Sales & Retail Experience, Outdoor Voices
Joel Quill – VP, Retail, Pacific Sunwear
Michael Spataro – Chief Customer Officer, Legion Technologies
Jeremy Baker – Co-Founder & CTO, Zipline
Track A: The Next Generation of Store Experience
Fire-Side Chat: Small Store Concepts for Bigger Impact
2:15pm – 2:45pm
PJ Singh – VP-Stores Strategy and Product Management, Macy’s, Inc.
Track B: Transformative Technology
Case Study Interactive: Gimmicky vs. Transformative: Cutting through the Noise to Enhance In-Store Experience
3:35pm – 4:05pm
Ricky Joshi – Co-Founder & Chief Strategy Officer, Saatva
Top Speakers You Can’t Miss
Retail leaders are coming from all over the globe to Future Stores Seattle and you won’t want to miss your chance to catch their presentations and discussions in person. Check out the full agenda of retail speakers at the event here.
“The area that I’ll be paying close attention to is the impact of technology on the in-store environment, including the shopper and associate experience. Given the current cost and labour challenges, technology will be a big part of the solution, bringing more automation and simplification to processes. How have retailers’ plans changed over the last year?”.
— Stewart Samuel, Program Director at IGD Canada
This is a big moment for us! Co-founder and CEO, Ben Chamberlain, has overseen the design and development of our solution—working with the global operations team of its parent Hilco Global and 16 Australian brands, we’ve crafted a toolkit that is strong and functional enough to support the high intensity demands of our own retail operations division, and elegant enough for the broader retail community. For Hilco Global, ReStore for Retail is now part of the furniture – it is used by our team of close to 200 trained District Managers who are deployed to up to 50 retailers and 10,000 stores every year.
We’re now launching in the US and this is a long game. We’re oversubscribed on our US Pilot Program that we canvassed last month and will be working closely to take the solution to the next level and are now looking forward to our second intake.
So here we are in Seattle ready to lean in on the broader retail market and start talking about this truly unique solution blending a technology built by retailer operators for retail operators. With an unmatched human element, we leverage our veterans of District Management in all aspects of the design, implementation and ongoing management of the solution for our clients.
Don’t miss out: Ben will be joined by several members of our US-based leadership team, including Dominick Keefe, Alexander McKeown and Nick Bialaszcewski.
Join T-Mobile for Business, alongside Samsung and FastSensor, to learn how to capture real-time walk-by and walk-in store traffic! Schedule a meeting on Thursday, July 14th, or Friday, July 15th at Sheraton Grand Seattle — Madrona Room Second Floor, to learn how to increase conversion and provide personalized in-store experiences for your customers.
Event sessions we’re excited for:
- Thursday, 7/14 at 11:45 am, Panel: Humanizing Retail Operations: The Impact of Staffing and Associate Experiences on the Business of Retail
- ‘We’re hiring’ signs are becoming a permanent staple in most retailer storefronts. You can have the best product in the world, but if you don’t have the right people, in the right place at the right time, equipped with the proper tools and resources to elevate the consumer’s experience. This session will be great to hear some creative ways retailers are addressing this friction point for the industry.
- Thursday, 7/14 at 2:15pm, Fire-Side Chat: The Technology Trends Upgrading In-person Shopping
- The retail landscape is extremely competitive these days. So, providing every consumer with a unique journey across every single touchpoint and channel is imperative in building trust and increasing engagement. I’m excited to attend this session to hear about how retailers leverage technology to personalize consumer journeys.
- Thursday, 7/14 at 3:35 pm, Fire-Side Chat: Gimmicky vs. Transformative: Cutting through the Noise to Enhance In-Store Experience
- Consumers who shop in-store rather than online are looking for convenience and an interactive experience leveraging digital displays and kiosks to engage with consumers. Interactive in-store experiences are memorable for consumers and will increase cross-channel engagement. We’re excited to hear how Saatva is leveraging digital solutions to elevate the consumer’s experience.
- Friday, 7/15 at 9:15am, Panel: the Hybrid Retail Destination for the Connected Consumer
- Some retailers have shared that personalized shopping experiences have increased conversion, average basket size, consumer loyalty, and retention, all critical measures of success for retailers. So, this is a session if you are focusing on personalization that you don’t want to miss.
We’re lucky enough to experience Future Stores right in the heart of Seattle this year. From popups to flagships, the city has some of the most exciting physical retail experiences in the country. Before you go, don’t forget to visit Seattle’s Interior Define, Fabletics, Tuft & Needle, and The North Face locations.